Saturday, July 18, 2009

Photo highlights of 2009!

There's my neighborhood! I moved there in January and it's lovely! The building to the left is where I lived.

This was the crowds in Chinatown on Chinese New Year! The whole country shuts down for 2 days while everyone celebrates

Some friends from school and I celebrating Chinese New Year
Game night with the studio! Third from the right is my violin teacher, and the rest of us are her students
My good friends all came out to celebrate with me on my birthday in March! From left to right is: Jolene (roommate from first semester and one of my closest friends in Sg), Yoon-Tae (an extremely friendly Korean engineering student), Zak (an exchange student from England), Lauren (my wonderful Australian roommate during 2nd semester), me, and Golnar (a wonderful and vivacious clarinet student from Iran).

The whole table of us out for my birthday! (and my friend from school Emily's bday as well!)

When the director of Peabody came to visit Singapore, the maestro of our orchestra took him out to dinner with me and Peter, an exchange student from Peabody. Here we are at a popular and delicious dim-sum restaurant called Crystal Jade!

Pictured here are me and Peter again, with Leon Fleisher and his wife, after Mr. Fleisher conducted and soloed in our conservatory orchestra concert!

Karaoke, always a popular pastime in Asia!


This is me in the dressing room before my solo recital, with Qi Hong, another member of my studio who had her recital right before me!
Playing "Fratres" for violin, string orchestra and percussion at my school. All my friends generously donated their time in exchange for pizza, to play with me at my recital!

Performing Elgar Violin Sonata with Imma, my duo partner for the semester. Imma is from Indonesia, and she has been teaching me the English slang of S-E Asia!

With my fantastic teacher, Qian Zhou, after my recital. Ms. Qian was so helpful as I learned my repertoire, and I never could have improved so much this year without her!

The night/morning we got durian at 4:30 AM

Downtown Singapore by the river

No comments: